Are you having a hard time following your provider’s recommendations? Have you been struggling to make sustainable lifestyle changes to meet your health goals and you feel overwhelmed, discouraged, and feel like giving up? Our health coach at Hansen Health Solutions can guide and support you towards transforming your struggles into positive growth to help you create healthy habits to reach your health goals – all as an integrated part of HHS’ services. Call our office today to book a health coaching session.
Questions & Answers
What is health coaching?
Health coaching at HHS is a partnership between you and your coach to facilitate the process of behavior change to help you move closer to your wellness vision by creating personalized and strategic action plans.
Health coaching promotes critical thinking within you and offers encouragement, motivation, and inspires you to make better choices to keep you moving forward in your health.
You are seen as a whole person and that your body has the innate ability to heal when you give yourself what your mind, body, and spirit needs to heal. Every aspect of your life affects your health and wellbeing. Our health coach will take you through each area of your life to seek the root cause(s) of your resistance to make positive lifestyle changes towards reaching your health goals. The approach health coaching will take with you is individualized. No one is the same nor has the same experiences.
Through health coaching, you are encouraged to step into your power to initiate change and set personal motivating goals to address a variety of concerns, such as stress, sleep, diet, exercise, nutrition, relationships, or job satisfaction.
What are the benefits of health coaching?
One of the many benefits of health coaching is having an additional team member working together with you and your provider to support and guide you to achieve optimal health.
Health coaching may be the missing piece to your health equation. After you learn the Why and the What-to-do to improve your health from our licensed medical team, you will learn the How-to-do from health coaching.
Once our licensed medical team shows you what’s going on in your body and what needs to be done to nurture your body back to health, our health coach then takes the team’s findings and your care plan and shows you how to make lasting lifestyle changes to nurture your body back to health.
Our health coach partners with you to co-create a step-by-step approach to what you and our licensed medical team want you to do to meet your health goals. Our health coach is here to stick with you until you have met these goals.
*Experiences may differ from person to person.
- Health and nutrition education
- Support and guidance through your diet and nutrition plan
- Reduction in confusion when implementing your personalized care plan
- Help with finding answers to your questions and help ease your concerns
- Collaboration between you, our licensed medical team, and our health coach
- Health improvements
- Space to discuss and focus on your needs
- Support in between wellness visits
- Exercise motivation
- Accountability partner
- Develop step-by-step goals to get you to your desired health goal
- Reduction in overwhelm when it comes to implementing the steps it takes to achieve your health goals
- Inspiration to make positive lifestyle changes
- Feel heard, validated, & understood
- Realization of health triggers and triggers that keep you stuck
- Improve self-growth
Why do people turn to health coaching?
People who turn to health coaching want to make sustainable lifestyle changes to improve their health. They may find they are having difficulties navigating their provider’s recommendations or sticking to them. They’ve tried everything they can think of to motivate themselves to make healthier choices but end up staying stuck in their old patterns. They’re feeling overwhelmed and discouraged, but they don’t want to give up on themselves. They take the support and guidance they receive from health coaching and make lasting lifestyle changes to reach their health goals.
What is the goal of health coaching?
The goal of health coaching is to encourage you to show up and advocate for yourself. To nurture your sense of empowerment and confidence within yourself to make positive sustainable lifestyle changes towards your healing.
What can I expect at my health coaching sessions?
During your health coaching session, our health coach will listen with curiosity and ask thought-provoking questions to get to know you and to find your strengths, resistances, and motivators. Our health coach will listen to your story to get an idea of where you are at, the struggles and obstacles you face, and where you would like to be in your health. From there, you and our health coach will co-create an action plan to move you from where you are to where you want to be.
If you have already received your care plan from our functional medicine lead provider, our health coach will help you navigate your care plan. Our health coach will help you find answers to any questions you may have and offer guidance on how to take action based on your care plan, your needs, and your health goals.
Topics you may choose to talk about during health coaching sessions include nutrition/diet, exercise, sleep, stress management, time management, work goals, relationship goals, finding meaning/purpose, and health challenges.
Is health coaching right for you?
Health coaching may be right for you if your goal is to get healthier but you feel you need some extra encouragement and someone to help you make changes in your life that will get you there and you are willing and ready to:
- Prioritize your health
- Show up for yourself
- Implement healthy lifestyle changes
- Optimize your health
- Take your health seriously
- Show up to be an active participant in your health
- Unlearn unhealthy habits and replace them with new healthy habits
- Stop giving up on yourself
- Learn to build confidence and trust yourself to make healthy choices
- Follow through with hard choices that work to your benefit
- Address your resistance to change
- Face obstacles no matter how small or big they may seem
- Make healthy choices for your long-term greater good even if it’s uncomfortable
- Strengthen your willpower
- Stop giving in to your excuses
This may seem like an intimidating list, but if you’ve said yes to any or all the above, our health coach is qualified to support and guide you through this process! You don’t have to do this alone. Call our office right now to schedule a health coaching session with our health coach!
Please note, health coaching is designed to help you do things differently. If you choose not to implement what you’ve learned during your health coaching sessions and keep doing what you have always done, you will get the same results you have always received.
How long does it take for health coaching to work?
It depends on you and your commitment to prioritizing your health. Everyone is different and at different stages in their health. If you are 100% committed to prioritizing your health and giving your body what it needs to heal, you will expedite your healing process.
Health coaching is not a “quick fix”. It takes time for your body to heal and to unlearn the habits that have gotten you to where you are today. Being patient and giving yourself permission to take the time, love, and attention your body needs to heal is essential.
We at Hansen Health Solutions have confidence that if you show up to your sessions, ask questions, and do the work outside of your coaching sessions, you will feel a positive shift in your health and see results!
What’s included in health coaching at Hansen Health Solutions?
To help you navigate your new healthy lifestyle and create healthy habits to reach your health goals, health coaching at Hansen Health Solutions offers:
- 1 on 1 support and accountability from our health coach through weekly/bi-weekly/monthly 1-hour health coaching sessions. Included in these sessions are:
- Support and clarification after visits with your provider
- Help navigating your care plan
- Nutrition Consultation
- Health education
- Diet and nutrition support
- Stress management
- Step-by-step goals to get you moving towards improving your health
- Prioritizing self-care
- Creative motivation to promote exercise and movement
- Positive mindset and mindfulness practices
- Steps to get you unstuck in your healing journey
- Learn to thrive, not just survive
- How to stop self-sabotage
- Success Celebrations
- Learn how to remove what no longer serves you
- Accountability via text or email between health coaching sessions (if needed)
- Functional medicine tools and resources to help you create progress in your health
- Open communication and collaboration between you, our licensed medical team, and our health coach to design the best plan and health goals that work specifically for you
Do health coaches diagnose, treat, or recommend nutritional diets?
The role of a health coach is to work with you and your healthcare team (medical provider, therapist, nutritionist, etc) to keep you on the right path to optimal health.
Health coaches can educate and guide their clients on nutrition and recommendations from medical providers. They cannot diagnose, treat, or recommend nutritional diets.
Health coaches are not to be used in place of your medical provider or nutritionist.
Is health coaching a form of therapy?
Health coaching is not a form of therapy.
It’s not uncommon for your traumas and negative experiences to show up in your health coaching session(s). Our health coach will acknowledge your experiences and shine a light on the strengths and lessons you have acquired during these difficult times. These strengths and lessons will be used as tools to build your confidence in doing hard things and making positive lifestyle changes. The main focus of health coaching is to encourage a positive mindset to get you unstuck and keep you moving forward.
If you are not able to move past your traumas and negative experiences on your own and/or our health coach continues to see this come up in your sessions, you will be referred out to therapy.