One of the best ways to optimize your health is to prioritize your nutrition. At Hansen Health Solutions, the licensed medical team provides comprehensive counseling to help you eat well so you can live well. If you’re in San Antonio, turn to the caring team at Hansen Health Solutions to help guide your lifestyle choices and nutrition. Call the office now or use the online scheduler to book at your convenience.
Questions & Answers
What is nutrition?
Nutrition is a term used to define the way you receive and use food. The stages of nutrition include ingestion, digestion, incorporation, absorption, and excretion.
What is a nutritional analysis?
The team of experts at Hansen Health Solutions use custom lab testing to analyze your diet and uptake of vitamins and nutrients from the foods you eat. If you’re deficient in specific nutrients the test yields those results and your provider writes a plan that helps you replenish what you’re lacking.
How does a functional medicine clinic help with nutrition?
If your custom lab testing reveals digestive issues, food allergies, metabolic problems, or vitamin deficiencies, you’ll get one-on-one care for each issue from a holistic perspective. Each of your issues is part of a problem that has a root cause and the Hansen Health Solutions team is highly trained to help you identify them.
Your nutrition therapy includes personalized plans that highlight diet, lifestyle choices, ideal exercises, relaxation techniques, and sleep counseling. The HHS team emphasizes a clean diet that’s rich in whole foods and targeted supplements to support your systems and vitalize your health.
What are the benefits of nutrition care?
Whether you need to lose weight, restore energy after an illness, avoid allergens, or increase energy, nutrition care helps prevent a host of potential problems, such as:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Type 2 diabetes
- Skin conditions
- Joint pain
- Brain fog
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
Proper nutrition and supplementation can greatly enhance your overall quality of life and well-being. We look forward to guiding you in this crucial area.
What about supplements?
While supplementation can never completely replace real foods, there are some specific times where it is required to supplement.
1) When test results show a dramatic deficit that will take an extended period of time to recover with food.
2) For symptomatic relief, while the core problem is resolved
3) To heal/repair specific disease processes
4) To enhance performance above normal in a specific area
5) When the availability/convenience of nutritional food is low.
Click here to visit our supplement store!
What can I expect if I work with a doctor to improve my nutrition?
With the help of your provider at Hansen Health Solutions, you’ll:
- Get a highly personalized eating plan that addresses your needs and goals
- Receive behavioral coaching that works with your lifestyle instead of against it
- Ensure that your plan includes vital nutrients, vitamins, and supplements that benefit your body instead of deterring you from your goals
- Have an accountability partner and ongoing support
- Have an ally who wants the best for you
To get started with your personal nutrition care, call Hansen Health Solutions or use the easy online scheduling feature to book at your convenience.